It’s that time again–time to teach a new group of students how to give their fiction a “historical” feel for the reader. It’s so much more than just setting the story in a different year from the present!
Come join us yourself or pass the info to a friend. Here’s the class info (this class is offered through the Margie Lawson Writer’s Academy):
April 1 – 30 Fee: $50
Sign up: http://bit.ly/1BqiNUg
- Balancing fact and fiction
- Understanding the “big” history of an era
- Discovering the realities of daily life for your characters
- Enhancing the historical feel with clothing and culture
- Avoiding anachronistic characters
- Getting the words right in narrative and dialogue
- Putting together the final product
Anne Mateer is the author of four historical novels with Bethany House publishers. She has had a passion for both history and fiction since she first began reading as a child. Armed with a B.A. in history from Southern Methodist University, she enjoys exploring the lives of characters from bygone eras, both factual and fictional.